Here are my notes related to my upgrade of our wedding cake blog to WordPress 2.3:
1. Custom Query String refers to the old wp_categories table. Had to edit line 252 to reflect the new terms table:
2. Ran importer for UTW and updated theme to use new native tag commands. Everything worked fine, although I did have to run the following query in the backend to remove the dashes from the old UTW tags:
3. Dropped old wp_tags and wp_tag_synonyms tables
4. Upgraded Headspace2. I noticed headspace 2 doesn’t expose the ability to use tag names in your meta tag descriptions (someone please correct me if i’m wrong) So I hacked inline_tags.php and added the following on line 54:
$replace_with = array (”, single_tag_title(”, false), ”,”,”,”,”);
Update: John has already updated his headspace2 plugin to include a %%tag%%. I highly recommend checking this plugin out. John does a tremendous job supporting the tag – please help support his efforts by donating.
5. Tags associated with a post are not searched by default, so I created a plugin to do that. I also use this plugin to correct user search miss-spellings. For example, try searching for brithday cakes on our wedding cake blog.
Note: An even better alternative to my plugin is John’s Search Unleashed plugin.
6. Updated my linking structure so that I don’t use trailing slashes for categories or tag pages